The loads acting in human joints were measured at the Charité in Berlin directly in patients by using instrumented implants. Additionally to the joint contact forces kinematic and kinetic data were synchronously captured in patients with instrumented knee and hip implants، at the motion analysis lab of the Julius Wolff Institute and the Humboldt University of Berlin. For the analysis of various biomechanical issues comprehensive data sets were prepared.
The comprehensive data sets contain the following information:
- joint contact forces and moments
- whole body kinematics (marker trajectories)
- ground reaction forces
Sample data sets are now released for free download which consist of 1 walking trial from one total knee and one total hip replacement subject.
If you are interested in working with this data, please fill out the form below. A link with the sample data set and further information about the data collection will be automatically sent to the provided email address.
Terms and condition
- The data is used only for scientific purposes without any commercial application
- The data is used only at the registered institute or facility and is not passed on to third parties
- In any scientific publication (e.g. journals, conference abstracts or oral presentations) reporting use of the data.